Under the Prevent duty, schools are required to ensure their staff are able to spot the signs of radicalisation and deal with them appropriately.
This training unit will enable staff to:
- assess risk: clarify what the signs of extremism and radicalisation in children and young people are, and what you will need to report
- identify students at risk: understand how to identify students at risk of exploitation by extremist or terrorist ideologues
- report concerns: know when and how you should report concerns about extremism and radicalisation amongst your pupils.
- What is extremism?
- Signs and indicators
- Signs and indicators activity
- Resources and further reading
Unit 1: Recognising and responding to radicalisation