- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£40.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
This unit is designed to train staff from senior leaders and middle leaders to seconds in departments who are tasked with appraisal and writing subject/phase/year or area improvement plans.
The unit is also targeted at any member of staff who is expected to oversee the appraisal cycle for other members of staff, observe lessons as part of school self-evaluation and who will also be involved in developing a subject/year or phase improvement plan.
Aims and outcomes
- All appraisers understand the link between improvement planning (whole-school and subject/year or phase) and appraisal.
- Appraisers recognise that a subject/year/phase or area improvement plan provides the bridge between whole-school improvement and performance management.
- Observers and school visitors can identify school improvement in practice.
- Translating plan targets
- Specific targets
- Classroom practice
Unit 6: Linking school improvement and appraisal