- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£40.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
The key purpose of this unit is to brief appraisers and senior staff on the imperative to challenge individual teacher underperformance and to help them understand the processes for capability.
The unit looks at what needs to be done once it is decided that the appraisal process is no longer appropriate for a teacher whose underperformance is affecting pupil progress and capability proceedings need to take over.
Aims and outcomes
Participants will understand:
- the legal aspects of the capability process
- how staff should be supported to improve and be given appropriate time to do that
- the flexibilities to adopt and see through a capability process where a member of staff is not making required improvements to their professional practice.
- The research
- Capability transition
- Support planning
- Formal capability proceedings
- Capability process and plenary
Unit 5: Challenging underperformance