- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
During this unit, we will raise awareness of the need to demonstrate that the governing board is taking safeguarding responsibilities seriously and provide an audit trail that compliance with guidance is in place. Where it is found that safeguarding issues are not being met by the school or the GB, there could be profound consequences for all involved.
Aims and outcomes
- Develop an understanding of safeguarding.
- Develop skills and confidence in the governing board.
- Learn how governors ensure safeguarding is in place.
- Understand how to ensure policy and procedure are followed by staff and volunteers.
- Know how to signpost to further guidance, training and learning opportunities.
Unit 6: Safeguarding for governors
Step 1: Safeguarding
Step 2: Activity on safeguarding
Step 3: Explanation of the four sections of the guidance
Step 4: Summary and next steps
End of Unit 6 quiz