This course is an induction for new governors, providing an overview of how to develop the governing board roles and responsibilities, as well as signpost any further training opportunities.
How to use this course
This course is made up of 6 units which can be delivered in sessions by a trainer as part of a CPD day or units studied by an individual at their own pace as a self-study course. Each unit lasts up to 1 hour
You can choose from self-study or 'download and deliver' options on the unit pages.
Aims and outcomes
- Ensure new governors understand their role & responsibilities
- Develop key skills across the governing board
- Learn about finance & pupil premium
- Develop an understanding of school performance data
- Understand your role in monitoring teaching & learning and performance management
- Learn about safeguarding for governors