Mastery learning is a frequently used but often misunderstood concept.
At primary level, it is normally associated with maths teaching, but can also be applied to other subjects.
This one-hour training session is intended to give practical examples of teaching in a mastery approach, and to enable participants to work through activities to assess mastery at both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- What is mastery learning?
- Higher-order thinking
- Links to Bloom's taxonomy
- Looking at question types
- Assessment and evidencing of mastery
- Comparing mastery and greater depth
- Looking at children's work