- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£35.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
Mastery learning is a frequently used but often misunderstood concept.
At primary level, it is normally associated with maths teaching, but can also be applied to other subjects.
This one-hour training session is intended to give practical examples of teaching in a mastery approach, and to enable participants to work through activities to assess mastery at both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- What is mastery learning?
- Higher-order thinking
- Links to Bloom's taxonomy
- Looking at question types
- Assessment and evidencing of mastery
- Comparing mastery and greater depth
- Looking at children's work
Unit 1: Assessing mastery in KS1 and KS2