The clearer pupils can be about what they are trying to achieve, how to set about it and how well they are doing, the better they will learn.
Peer and self assessment help pupils to clarify and take ownership of their learning.
The intention is that participants decide how best to use peer and self assessment and test their ideas.
Aims and outcomes
- discuss the value of pupils assessing themselves and one another
- discuss using questioning to engage pupils in reflecting on their progress and giving one another feedback
- consider a range of ideas about peer and self assessment and questioning
- help one another to plan lesson activities using those strategies.
- Sharing ideas about what makes feedback work well
- Analysing feedback in action – policy
- Analysing feedback in action – practice
- Comparing notes