The purpose of this unit is to discuss and make decisions about:
- what kinds of feedback work well
- how you can set up activities in lessons and for homework to include effective assessments
- how teachers, assistants and your pupils can follow up on marking and feedback.
Aims and outcomes
- agree what the key features of successful feedback are
- plan how to include effective feedback in an upcoming sequence of lesson activities, focusing on immediate spoken and shown, as well as written, feedback
- plan how their pupils will use their feedback in those activities, ready to trial in the near future, emphasising how their pupils do what they do and what they are getting better at.
- Sharing ideas about what makes feedback work well
- Analysing feedback in action – policy
- Analysing feedback in action – practice
- Comparing notes
Unit 2: Successful feedback strategies