The intention in this unit is to review the key principles behind effective marking and feedback and agree a strategy for developing marking and feedback across your school. This should naturally reflect your approach to assessment more broadly.
This unit could either be delivered to teaching staff as an update on some fundamentals, or provide input to senior and middle leader discussions on marking and feedback policy.
Aims and outcomes
- review some of the evidence behind effective marking and feedback practices
- agree purposes and current strengths and weaknesses in marking and feedback
- survey priorities for development and next steps.
- Defining the purposes of marking and feedback in our school
- Activity – discuss what is working well
- Understanding the evidence on marking and feedback
- What do you want to improve and why?