- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Marking and feedback are priorities for almost every teacher. But workload and misunderstanding often prove major obstacles.
Find out how to use feedback to really make an impact on pupil learning.
Aims and outcomes
This course will enable you and your colleagues to:
- agree strategy for developing consistent and effective marking and feedback across your school
- identify what’s working and what’s not working and prioritise what you want to improve
- understand types of feedback that work well and how to ask and answer good questions
- strengthen pupil motivation by giving pupils clarity about what they are doing, what they are getting better at, and what to work on next.
- set up activities to include effective assessments and plan for using feedback in lessons
- use questioning to engage your pupils in reflecting on their progress and giving one another feedback.
Unit 1: Reviewing marking and feedback
Unit 2: Successful feedback strategies
Unit 3: Peer and self assessment