- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£35.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
School staff have a unique position in recognising and responding to childhood neglect.
Unit 3 explores the practical support staff can give, including building resilience in pupils and effective communication.
It maintains the focus on the pupil’s needs throughout any assessment and action plan.
The use of a case study allows participants to put some of their learning into context.
Aims and outcomes
- Identify how the school can support a neglected pupil.
- Consider how staff can contribute to building the pupil’s resilience and confidence.
- Encourage pupils to talk about their feelings.
- Activity guide – Case study
Unit 3: Supporting the neglected child