- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£35.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
Unit 2 moves participants’ thinking from recognising indicators of neglect to examining the impact of neglect on individual pupils.
It will help staff to understand both the short- and longer-term effects of neglect on a child, particularly in relation to their behaviour and development.
A case study gives staff the opportunity to consider family characteristics and the relationship between neglect and challenging behaviour.
Importantly, the unit explores realistic responses that the school can offer.
Aims and outcomes
- Examine the adverse effects of neglect.
- Learn about the effects of neglect on brain development and cognition.
- Understand the links between neglect and behaviour.
- Activity guide – Issues and impact
- Further discussion
Unit 2: The impact of neglect on children’s health, development and education