- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£35.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
Unit 1 introduces definitions of neglect and explains how staff might recognise neglect in school.
Staff will also consider the nature of parenting and the risks of making subjective judgements about ‘good enough’ parenting. Factors that can impede parents’ ability to care adequately for their children are explored.
Aims and outcomes
- Explore a range of indicators of neglect.
- Identify parental factors that may contribute to neglect.
- Recognise the prevalence of neglect.
- Activity guide – six categories of neglect
- Further discussion
Unit 1: Understanding and identifying neglect