Unit 1: An introduction to data protection and GDPR
How are you going to use this training?
Purposes and outcomes
This unit will enable you to:
- Understand the key facts about the Data Protection Act
- Explore what is meant by data protection in schools
- Learn about the eight principles of data protection
- Answer the question: ‘What is GDPR?’
- Understand the differences between GDPR and the Data Protection Act
- Download the trainer notes, presentation and handouts at the bottom of this page.
- Read through the content before delivering to participants.
- Consider how to make the additional reading available to participants after the session.
Before we start, have a go at answering the questions in the pre-unit quiz, to find out what you already know about data protection.