- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
This course will provide you with an overview and supporting resources regarding GDPR legislation.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May 2018, replacing the Data Protection Act (DPA). The GDPR significantly changes the way every school collects, manages and stores data in school and failure to comply will result in large fines.
This training course will ensure all school staff are equipped with the essential knowledge and information about what the GDPR means to them as individuals, and what whole-school changes need to be implemented.
Units 3 and 4 of the course provide the school leadership team with valuable practical resources to ensure every school is GPDR-compliant.
Aims and outcomes
- Learn about data protection and the GDPR and the key changes that have come into effect since 25 May 2018.
- Understand what the GDPR means for your school and the effect it will have on school policies, processes and culture.
- Appreciate the benefits of a single compliance document as an essential tool to take you through the necessary practical steps to becoming GDPR-compliant.
- Learn about the role of a data protection officer (DPO) and guidance on appointing a DPO in your school.
Unit 1: An introduction to data protection and GDPR
Unit 2: The GDPR in practice
Unit 3: GDPR readiness
Unit 4: Data Protection Officer