- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£9.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
In this unit you will explore the importance of communication and training, the implications of breaches, how and when to report a breach and how best to keep up to date with future changes to legislation.
It is the responsibility of all school staff to ensure that your school and individuals comply with the GDPR. It is important that annual training is completed in order to stay abreast of changes to the legislation and that a high level of understanding of what it means to comply is evidenced throughout policies and procedures and in the day-to-day functioning of the school.
Publicity surrounding the introduction of the current regulations has brought the issue to the forefront, in many cases for the first time, and governing boards are keen to ensure that they facilitate successful compliance.
aims and outcomes
- Understand what a breach is, how it can happen and ways to avoid it.
- Identify solutions for evidencing compliance across the school.
- Consider the importance of communication to enable the change in culture across the workforce.
- Explore ways for data protection officers to refresh their knowledge and share this with the school workforce.
- Identify some best practices so that you can help your school be prepared.
Unit 2: Compliance, Communication and CPD - the three Cs
Step 1: Reporting data protection breaches
Step 2: ICO prosecutions in the education sector
Step 3: Compliance – what it means and how to do it
Step 4: Communication – the importance of sharing
Step 5: CPD
Step 6: Summary and reflection
End of Unit 2 quiz