GDPR for All School Staff
This self-study course will enable all school staff to learn more about GDPR and how it has affected education settings since its introduction in May 2018.
The course identifies the most common pitfalls and issues affecting schools since its introduction and suggests ways avoid making the same mistakes.
This self-study programme comprises of two units of study, with each unit taking between 45 minutes and 1 hour to complete. You can work through this at your own pace. The programme has a number of resources to aid your learning and an end of unit quiz for each unit which will help you to reflect on your understanding and test your knowledge.
How to use this course
This course comprises of two units. All course units are intended for self-study, you can work through the course at your own pace or pick particular units that are of interest to you. It is advised that you complete the 'GDPR in a Nutshell' course prior to this one, as it covers the basics of GDPR which are discussed in greater detail in this course.
This course will help participants to:
- Explore some of the common mistakes that occur and consider ways to avoid them
- Consider how the DPO and staff can keep themselves abreast of changes
- Understand the implications of breaches of GDPR and the Data Protection Act
- Consider the importance of communication
- Explore ways to ensure compliance can be evidenced
- Increase understanding of knowledge-based research and its place within the organisation
Click on the image below to view the course map which provides a summary of the course content.