- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£25.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
Writing is one of the three aspects of literacy, one of the four specific areas of learning in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). Children are expected to reach the early learning goal at the end of the EYFS in the reception year at primary school.
All staff need to be confident of their role in developing children’s understanding of this area of learning and development whatever the age of the children they work with. It is important to remember that different approaches are appropriate for different ages of children and different children will progress in their understanding at different rates.
Aims and outcomes
- know the early learning goal in relation to writing
- understand how to interact with children to develop their skills and competencies in writing
- know what resources and staff interactions will support children in developing their writing
- gain confidence in planning for this area of learning and development for children of different ages and stages.
Step 1: Introduction (5–10 minutes)
Step 2: Ideas to support the goal (10–15 minutes)
Step 3: Plan an activity (5–10 minutes)
Unit 10: Literacy: writing