This penultimate unit focuses particularly on the importance of effective questioning and making sure that there is a purposeful lesson summary (or review, or plenary).
The unit also looks at the delivery of a lesson in which all these elements are present.
AIMS AND OUTCOMES
- understand how the elements that make for effective planning are woven into the context of the whole lesson
- understand how the structure of the lesson supports pupils’ learning
- understand that questions should deepen and challenge pupils’ thinking
- appreciate the importance of taking time to review the learning.
- Effective questioning
- The importance of the lesson summary
- Structure, pace and timing