- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
This unit is designed for middle leaders and all those who lead professional learning to improve classroom practice. The tools will help you to look at differentiation from a middle leader’s perspective - monitoring and promoting good practice - and will focus on middle leaders gathering evidence of differentiation practice within their teams and using this knowledge to lead developments. The unit will explore the role of middle leaders in developing differentiation, how middle leaders can use audit tools to identify team development needs, and how they can choose methods to quality assure differentiation and lead professional learning, which will in turn make a difference to pupil outcomes.
Aims and outcomes
- Support middle leaders to monitor and enquire into the quality and impact of differentiation practice within their teams, contributing to school self-evaluation.
- Develop understanding of how to enable challenging tasks across all teaching within teams in order to sustain pupil progress.
- Provide practical strategies to lead professional enquiry.
Group study section
- Download the trainer notes, presentation and handouts at the bottom of this page.
- Read through the content before delivering to participants.
- Consider how to make the additional reading available to participants after the session.
Unit 3: Leading differentiation
Step 1: Auditing practice in your department or phase
Step 2: Reinventing learning walks
Step 3: Input, tools and strategies
Step 4: Appreciative enquiry
Step 5: Case study: developing an action plan
Step 6: Planning a CPD strategy for differentiation
End of Unit 3 quiz