- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
This unit is for novice teachers and those who may need a differentiation refresher. It is designed to improve pupils’ learning by showing you how to plan challenging tasks and use effective strategies in your teaching. In this unit you can start to identify your teaching strengths and areas for development, recap some basic characteristics of good differentiation practice and apply strategies for organising classrooms to make differentiation more manageable.
Aims and outcomes
- Provide practical strategies to help develop your ability to organise and manage pupils with differing needs
- Facilitate accurate self-assessment and reflection on practice – the confidence audit models this approach
- Use pupil voice as a strategy to improve the impact of teaching on learning.
Group study section
- Download the trainer notes, presentation and handouts at the bottom of this page.
- Read through the content before delivering to participants.
- Consider how to make the additional reading available to participants after the session.
Unit 2: Embedding differentiation
Step 1: Questions quilt
Step 2: Support and challenge audit
Step 3: Complex learning
Step 4: Designing challenging tasks
Step 5: Pattern cards
Step 6: Planning for differentiation
Step 7: Using pupil voice
End of Unit 2 quiz