- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
This unit is designed to provide an overview of differentiation for any member of teaching staff. It will help you find out more about effective differentiation strategies to use in the classroom.
Aims and outcomes
- Provide some theory and evidence about differentiation.
- Provide strategies to try in the classroom.
- Discuss pupil learning needs in your school and how it relates to existing practice.
Group study section
- Download the trainer notes, presentation and handouts at the bottom of this page.
- Read through the content before delivering to participants.
- Consider how to make the additional reading available to participants after the session.
Unit 1: Differentiation overview
Step 1: Perspectives on differentiation
Step 2: Why differentiation?
Step 3: Challenge cards
Step 4: Helpdesk
Step 5: Learning into practice
End of Unit 1 quiz