Used well, observation is a powerful tool for improving teaching and learning.
Use this course to develop understanding of why lesson observation matters, extend knowledge of observation and feedback strategies, and improve questioning and feedback skills.
Aims and outcomes
- Develop a whole-school approach to collaborative observation, giving teachers the opportunity to learn from others with contrasting experience and styles.
- Develop questioning and target setting skills that will enhance observation and feedback.
- Foster a reflective workforce using self-observation.
- Support rapid improvement with strategies for tackling observed underperformance.
- Encourage teachers to work together to investigate and improve a specific aspect of classroom technique using the Lesson Study approach.
Unit 1: Why observe?
Unit 2: Observation and feedback
Unit 3: Refining observation and feedback
Unit 4: Reviewing and evaluating learning
Unit 5: Lesson Study
Unit 6: Improvement planning