- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£7.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
Professional development should be at the core of what schools do. If we're serious about improving outcomes for learners, then we have to continually improve the quality of our teaching.
That is why impact evaluation is so crucial to what CPD should be about. If we can't know if it makes a difference, why would we bother doing CPD at all? This unit will help you to make high-quality impact evaluation an intrinsic part of the way you run professional development in your school.
This resource is suitable for anyone with responsibility for leading professional development, who is experienced in their position and looking to refine their work. It applies to both primary and secondary contexts: if you're interested in planning CPD better and developing a vision, this is for you.
Most of the activities can be done on screen, but we also suggest opportunities for you to collaborate and discuss with colleagues.
aims and outcomes
- Recognise common pitfalls in evaluating the impact of CPD and outline some ways to address them.
- Make impact evaluation an intrinsic part of what you do, so that a continual cycle of review informs your CPD and planning for teachers’ needs.
- Distinguish between different forms of evaluation and make informed judgements about which methods are most appropriate for a given situation.
- You will be able to judge which CPD does and does not make a difference on pupil outcomes, enabling you to move to more effective methods over time.
- Your staff will be empowered to see the results of their training and the value of engaging in professional learning.
Unit 2: Focusing on impact
Step 1: Evaluating the impact of CPD
Step 2: Follow up and implementation
Step 3: Selecting an appropriate measure of impact
Step 4: Maximising time and resource
Step 5: External support and challenge
Step 6: Summary: planning a high-impact CPD strategy
End of Unit 2 quiz