- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
In some schools, CPD just ‘happens’. Inset days are done, training is carried out, but staff either may not see the point of the training they’re engaged in, or there may be no long-term follow-through.
Even for more experienced CPD leaders, crafting a strategy that reconciles school priorities with individual staff development needs and does a good job of evaluating impact is not easy.
For experienced CPD leaders, professional development means more than delivery. This course covers the strategy, impact evaluation and coaching skills needed to develop an outstanding CPD programme.
Aims and outcomes
- Equip you with the skills and resources needed to plan a long-term CPD cycle that is focused on maximum impact for learners.
- Explain the role of effective coaching in CPD and the ingredients of successful coaching sessions.
- Help you to meaningfully evaluate the impact of CPD.
- Help you to make decisions on the effective use of time and resources in your role – what will get the most impact for the least cost?
- Guide you on how to get started.
Unit 1: Building an effective CPD strategy
Unit 2: Focusing on impact
Unit 3: Developing coaching