- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£7.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
There's excellent practice in almost every school – so what can we do to share it?
Research by Creemers and Kyriakides suggests that differences between classrooms in the same school are often larger than differences between schools. Helping to spread great teaching within schools and across schools therefore needs to be one of the top priorities of the CPD leader.
This unit is suitable for both new CPD leaders and those who want to refresh their skills – from directors of CPD and headteachers to teachers moving into a training role. It applies to both primary and secondary contexts too: if you're interested in planning and delivering CPD better, this is for you.
Most of the activities can be done online, but we also suggest opportunities for you to collaborate and discuss with colleagues.
Aims and outcomes
- Find ways to effectively share practice that can impact back in the classroom.
- Enable you to put into action a school culture where teachers talk about and show their teaching to each other.
- Help you plan useful collaborative sessions with direction and purpose.
- Use CPD to draw on collaborative approaches, which are often associated with improved outcomes.
- Highlight how CPD will share what some of the great teachers in your school can do in a useful, rather than performative, way.
- Show how CPD will positively contribute to individual teachers' engagement and motivation.
Unit 3: Collaboration and sharing practice
Step 1: Creating sharing networks
Step 2: Setting up group tasks
Step 3: Following up on group tasks
Step 4: Evaluating impact
Step 5: Resources to take you further
End of Unit 3 quiz