- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£7.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
Professional development should be at the core of what schools do. If we're serious about improving outcomes for learners, then we have to continually improve the quality of our teaching.
This unit focuses on the skills needed for effective training and the fundamentals you'll want to embed in all CPD sessions.
This resource is suitable for new CPD leaders or those who want to refresh their skills – from directors of CPD and headteachers to teachers moving into a training role.
It applies to both primary and secondary contexts: if you're interested in planning and delivering CPD better, this is for you.
Most of the activities can be done on screen, but we also suggest opportunities for you to collaborate and discuss with colleagues.
Aims and outcomes
- Enhance your skills as a CPD leader and identify several ways to develop yourself going forward.
- Identify the features of effective CPD and how you can plan to deliver it.
- Define how to choose what CPD to put on in your workplace.
- Focus CPD on participants’ needs and working context, so that it engages and motivates them to develop.
- Effectively plan and professionally deliver CPD so that staff receive a high-quality learning opportunity through your CPD.
Unit 1: Moving from teacher to trainer
Step 1: Ensuring this training has an impact
Step 2: Skills needed as a trainer
Step 3: Analyse this training: video activity
Step 4: Developing yourself as a trainer
Step 5: Choosing the focus of CPD programmes
Step 6: Planning CPD sessions
End of Unit 1 quiz