- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Why is it that in so many schools CPD is seen as an annoyance or even a distraction from the core business of classroom teaching?
What can you do to ensure that CPD really makes an impact in your school, and successfully engages teachers? Great teaching enables great learning, so high-quality training has an important place in your school.
CPD leaders have a crucial role in any school. This course covers how to deliver, plan and evaluate effective, high-impact training.
If you are new to leading professional development in your school, or looking for to refresh your skills, this course will give you the fundamentals to deliver it successfully.
Aims and outcomes
- Equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to make training a success in your school.
- Show you what to avoid in CPD – and put an end to dull, dated, low-impact training sessions.
- Offer practical activities for sharing good practice across your school, highlighting the success that is in every classroom.
- Enhance your skills as a CPD leader and use the audit tools to identify areas you might need to develop.
- Offer practical strategies and research-informed guidance to ensure CPD makes an impact.
- Gain an understanding of how best to share good practice, highlighting success in every classroom.
Unit 1: Moving from teacher to trainer
Unit 2: Ineffective CPD and how to avoid it
Unit 3: Collaboration and sharing practice