- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£35.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
Becoming a great coach: goal and reality
It is impossible to become a great coach without practising coaching itself. This unit focuses on participants experiencing the coaching process in ‘triads’ from three points of view: being the coach, being the coachee, and being an observer.
The GROW model has four stages: Goal, Reality, Options and Will.
In this unit, participants will experience the goal and reality stages. In Unit 4, they will go on to the options and will stages.
Aims and outcomes
- understand how the GROW model can support their development and practice as a coach
- experience coaching from the point of view of being a coach, a coachee and an observer
- practise using great coaching questions
- understand the GROW model and to have experienced the goal and reality stages from the point of view of a coach, coachee and observer.
- Starter and the GROW model structure
- Practicing coaching in triads
- Inter-unit activity and review
Unit 3: Becoming a great coach - goal and reality