Equip your school staff with the skills and tools they need to be successful coaches and show them how to use these skills to impact upon whole-school improvement.
This course provides participants with a clear understanding of what coaching is, how it can be used powerfully as a force for constructive change and how to use the different tools of coaching most effectively. People who are trained can coach each other, their colleagues and pupils – helping to fulfil their own and others’ potential.
Aims and outcomes
This course will give participants the skills to:
- support others’ growth through use of high level listening, questioning, reflecting and summarizing
- structure coaching conversations using the GROW model and other coaching tools
- apply their skills in other contexts, such as tackling behaviour issues or difficult professional relationships
- help colleagues and pupils reach their full potential by replacing limiting beliefs with positive realistic beliefs
- drive whole-school improvement using coaching skills to get the best from teachers and pupils.
Unit 1: What is coaching and why use it?
Unit 2: What are the skills of coaching?
Unit 3: Becoming a great coach - goal and reality
Unit 4: Becoming a great coach - options and will
Unit 5: Powerful coaching tools - part 1
Unit 6: Powerful coaching tools - part 2