- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Now that performance links so closely with pay, it has never been more crucial that you have robust appraisal and capability procedures in your school. Ensuring that all appraisers are trained to carry out their role consistently and effectively is central to creating a fair system which is supported by teachers and senior leaders alike.
Written by deputy headteacher Josephine Smith, this course contains tried and tested best practice advice which has been proven to develop robust appraisal and capability procedures.
Aims and outcomes
- The school is fully aware of its statutory teacher appraisal duties, which have been effective since September 2012.
- Governors and the senior leadership team understand capability regulations and are able to implement them when necessary.
- Governors and the senior leadership team are aware of the changes needed and can revise school policy on appraisal and capability to suit the school’s own circumstances.
Unit 1: Teacher appraisal and capability regulation
Unit 2: Setting targets
Unit 3: Monitoring progress
Unit 4: Reviewing progress
Unit 5: Challenging underperformance
Unit 6: Linking school improvement and appraisal