- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£8.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units £45.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
Language and thinking are intertwined, so a vocabulary of thinking is essential. Discussion gives pupils opportunities to demonstrate higher order thinking skills and the capacity to defend or argue in favour of particular viewpoints. Stage managing a discussion is often more difficult than it appears – this unit gives some valuable tips.
aims and outcomes
- Understand the importance of a thinking or metacognitive vocabulary.
- Develop metacognitive practice by planning and 'stage managing' a metacognitive discussion.
Unit 4: Beyond planning and refining
Step 1: Developing a vocabulary of thinking
Step 2: Going further with metacognition
Step 3: Stage managing a discussion – 1
Step 4: Stage managing a discussion – 2
End of Unit 4 quiz