- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£8.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units £45.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
The first two units of this training focused on first beginning to understanding metacognition and then starting to survey relevant practice in school. This unit begins to explore how metacognitive practice can be further strengthened and developed by using various tools and strategies.
aims and outcomes
- Distinguish between tools and strategies.
- Review the tools and plan their use in the classroom.
- Review the use of metacognitive tools and strategies in your school (an ongoing task).
Unit 3: Developing metacognition
Step 1: How can we develop metacognition?
Step 2: Using tools to develop pupils’ metacognitive knowledge and skills
Step 3: Metacognitive practice
End of Unit 3 quiz