This is a great resource to keep handy in schools. A good quick reference guide for any teacher to gather information on a wide range of needs. We would not be without ours.
A-Z of Special Needs for Every Teacher
A-Z of Special Needs: For Every Teacher (2nd edition) provides a comprehensive reference of special educational needs information and conditions for anyone involved in working with children with learning difficulties or disabilities.
A-Z of Special Needs: For Every Teacher (2nd edition) has been completely updated to include substantial new additions in each section as well as full cross-referencing. A truly indispensable reference tool for every setting.
Summary of contents
From the writers of the best-selling A-Z of Special Needs,this exciting second editions one of our best-selling resources, simply flying-off the shelves ever since its publication.
A-Z Special Needs: For Every Teacher (2nd Edition) is an invaluable, quick and comprehensive guide to SEN that includes:
- a comprehensive glossary of definitions, terms and acronyms used by practitioners working with pupils with learning difficulties and disabilities
- a clear guide to the barriers to learning likely to be encountered by mainstream class teachers or tutors. Each condition or syndrome is given a general description, followed by a breakdown of its main characteristics and an extensive range of practical support strategies to suit pupils of all ages
- a Who’s Who? with detailed descriptions of the roles of professionals working within multi-agency settings
- proformas designed to support the work of the SENCO as well as the class teacher. These easy-to-use templates will help you to simplify the process of recording individuals needs and progress
- an A-Z of the contact details of support groups for all barriers to learning listed
- special needs resources in an A-Z of publishers and resources, software publishers and equipment suppliers
- an A-Z of useful websites.
- A-Z Jargonbuster
- Glossary of SEN acronyms and terminology
- Learning difficulties and disabilities
- SEN conditions and syndromes (characteristics and support strategies)
- Practical ways to match learning activities to needs
- Developing learning skills
- Learning skills and ways to strengthen them
- Who’s who?
- SEN professionals and what they do
- SEN support groups
- For SEN conditions and syndromes
- A-Z resources
- A-Z publishers of SEN books, software and other resources
- SEN proformas
A useful book for SENCOs 28 January 2011
This is a good book which gives a very thorough grounding in the various strategies and approaches that can be used to improve the teaching provision for children with a wide range of disabilities. It was a little too detailed for my needs - I was looking for more of a quick summative guide. However I'm sure others would find it very useful, and it's definitely worth the money.
Paperback, 297 x 228, 220 Pages. Published 30/11/2008
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks and digital products: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s) and digital products. To access, log in to your account and follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Dashboard in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Customise Dasboard'
- Drag the 'My eBooks' module down to your dashboard.
- Click 'Done'
You can now view and access all purchased ebooks from this block. If you can not see your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org.