- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Successful Classroom Partnerships: Making the most of teaching assistants
The Successful Classroom Partnerships: Making the most of teaching assistants is a training resource that aims to help school staff to develop their partnership working in order to provide outstanding opportunities for all learners, by ensuring support staff work in partnership to deliver pupil progress and narrow gaps in performance.
With case studies and example policies, Successful Classroom Partnerships will enable you to:
- use practical tools for effective information sharing between teachers and TAs
- explore proven strategies for pupil progress
- consider your whole-school approach and ethos around partnership working
- improve home-school partnerships through positive communication.
Why buy an Optimus Education DIY Training resource?
Successful Classroom Partnerships: Making the most of teaching assistants is part of the Optimus Education D-I-Y (deliver it yourself) training portfolio. Our D-I-Y training packages provide:
- value for money – training sessions can be delivered multiple times to different groups of staff
- comprehensive training materials – detailed training plans, presentations, handouts and a variety of practical activities to engage participants are all provided in the package
- flexibility – training sessions can be customised with case studies, questions or exercises which are specific to your school’s needs
- excellent quality – the training materials have been written by experienced trainers with expertise in the topic area; you benefit from their knowledge and guidance
- measurable outcomes – each package includes ways to monitor effectiveness and learning outcomes.
Summary of contents
Training session 1 – Practicalities of classroom partnerships
- Develop new, more effective ways for planning and record keeping.
- Understand data better and how to share information as part of the learning partnership.
- Consider the Student Passport and how it can directly support learning and understanding within the partnership.
- Explore further professional development opportunities.
Training session 2 - Effective Strategies for Improving Learning
- Explore further uses of the Student Passport and decide how to put this tool into practice.
Consider effective support strategies for helping pupils make progress, focusing particularly on:
- developing greater independence through improving metacognition
- providing better feedback.
- Agree key principles for successful partnership learning in your school.
Training session 3 – A whole-school approach
- Explore the role of positive messages and positive language in building a partnership ethos.
- Use visual supports as a practical tool for supporting learners.
- Consider how cross-school projects and partnerships can enhance pupil learning.
About the expert
Gareth D Morewood is Director of Curriculum Support [SENCo] at a large comprehensive secondary school in the north-west of England, awarded an ‘Outstanding’ judgment by Ofsted in June 2011. He is a passionate advocate of inclusive education, has written extensively and regularly speaks at national conferences, particularly on provision within mainstream settings for students with complex needs.
"This is a ground-breaking and much-needed resource. It contains everything you need to maximise the potential of teaching assistants in their role supporting vulnerable learners. The materials included are varied, comprehensive and thoroughly grounded in both evidence and real-world practice. Every school should own a copy."
- A4 Ringbinder, c. 64 pages
- CD-ROM containing PowerPoint presentations, handouts and any other editable resources.
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks and digital products: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s) and digital products. To access, log in to your account and follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Dashboard in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Customise Dasboard'
- Drag the 'My eBooks' module down to your dashboard.
- Click 'Done'
You can now view and access all purchased ebooks from this block. If you can not see your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org.