SEND for Classroom Teachers: Providing quality first, inclusive teaching
With the new SEND Code of Practice now in place (since September 2014) and fewer pupils fulfilling the criteria for additional support, are your classroom teachers ready to take responsibility for meeting the needs of all their pupils? These ready-made training materials can be used by the SENCO or training leader to equip new teachers with the knowledge, skills and understanding to provide quality first teaching to SEND pupils.
This training pack is particularly suitable for organisations involved in school-based initial teacher training though also appropriate for use with more experienced staff. It will:
- support high-quality inclusive teaching rather than reactive SEND provision
- explore approaches for overcoming barriers to learning such as speech and language needs, autistic spectrum disorders or sensory and physical disabilities
- provide trainees with practical strategies to give them confidence in the classroom
- enable school-based training leaders to equip new teachers with the skills they need to support 21st century learners.
Why buy an Optimus Education DIY Training resource?
SEND for New Teachers: Preparing for quality first, inclusive teaching is part of the Optimus Education D-I-Y (deliver it yourself) training portfolio. Our D-I-Y training packages provide:
- value for money – training sessions can be delivered multiple times to different groups of staff
- comprehensive training materials – detailed training plans, presentations, handouts and a variety of practical activities to engage participants are all provided in the package
- flexibility – training sessions can be customised with case studies, questions or exercises which are specific to your school’s needs
- excellent quality – the training materials have been written by experienced trainers with expertise in the topic area; you benefit from their knowledge and guidance
- measurable outcomes – each package includes ways to monitor effectiveness and learning outcomes.
“SEND for Classroom Teachers has a focus on practical solutions and a proactive approach; planning what will work rather than reacting when things go wrong. This resource has been created with the needs of new teachers particularly in mind. Experienced teachers will gain a great deal too – and probably wish that it had been available at the start of their careers.”
Professor Des Hewitt, Professor of Teacher Education, University of Derby.
About the expert
Gareth D Morewood is Director of Curriculum Support [SENCo] at a large comprehensive secondary school in the north-west of England, awarded an ‘Outstanding’ judgment by Ofsted in June 2011. He is a passionate advocate of inclusive education, has written extensively and regularly speaks at national conferences, particularly on provision within mainstream settings for students with complex needs.
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks and digital products: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s) and digital products. To access, log in to your account and follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Dashboard in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Customise Dasboard'
- Drag the 'My eBooks' module down to your dashboard.
- Click 'Done'
You can now view and access all purchased ebooks from this block. If you can not see your order please email email@example.com.