- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Questioning for Challenge: Skilful use of questions to extend pupil learning
Mastering the art of asking questions for challenge is an essential teaching skill. Good questions get pupils really thinking, expand the boundaries of their knowledge and encourage them to ask their own questions, as well as providing an excellent means of differentiation. Maximising the impact of questioning on learning is a skill worth working at.
Use these training materials to get teachers thinking about how they use questions, how to incorporate questions into their planning and how to create a classroom environment where pupils feel comfortable to take risks with their learning.
This pack will enable teachers to:
- identify the different roles questions play in learning
- tease out pupils’ assumptions through careful questioning
- master the art of planning questions which link with lesson objectives and success criteria
- engage pupils in differentiated learning through use of appropriate questions
- encourage an environment in which it is acceptable for everyone to question and to take risks with their learning
- practise proven techniques, such as pose, pause, pounce, bounce.
Why buy an Optimus Education DIY Training resource?
Questioning for Challenge: Skilful use of questions to extend pupil learning is part of the Optimus Education D-I-Y (deliver it yourself) training portfolio. Our D-I-Y training packages provide:
- value for money – training sessions can be delivered multiple times to different groups of staff
- comprehensive training materials – detailed training plans, presentations, handouts and a variety of practical activities to engage participants are all provided in the package
- flexibility – training sessions can be customised with case studies, questions or exercises which are specific to your school’s needs
- excellent quality – the training materials have been written by experienced trainers with expertise in the topic area; you benefit from their knowledge and guidance
- measurable outcomes – each package includes ways to monitor effectiveness and learning outcomes.
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks and digital products: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s) and digital products. To access, log in to your account and follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Dashboard in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Customise Dasboard'
- Drag the 'My eBooks' module down to your dashboard.
- Click 'Done'
You can now view and access all purchased ebooks from this block. If you can not see your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org.