- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Preventing Prejudice-Based Bullying: Boost staff confidence to tackle unacceptable behaviour and language
‘Staff felt least confident in terms of tackling prejudice-based language.’
No Place for Bullying, Ofsted, 2012
Preventing Prejudice-Based Bullying: Boost staff confidence to tackle unacceptable behaviour and language provides four training sessions to enable all staff to take a proactive approach to tackling prejudice-based bullying in all its forms.
Prejudice-based bullying is endemic in British schools and has a profoundly damaging impact on young people’s school experience. And yet the majority of teachers have had no training in how to manage incidents of prejudice-based bullying, such as homophobic bullying or bullying of pupils with SEN, and lack confidence in knowing what to do. Is your school fulfilling its legal obligation to protect all pupils from bullying? Do staff understand the consequences of allowing bullying to go unchallenged? And more crucially do they act decisively and consistently when an incident occurs?
The training pack will ensure that the leadership team and all staff:
- understand what prejudice-based bullying is and how it impacts on young people
- are supported by a whole-school approach, with consistent policies and practice are confident in tackling prejudicial language, including usage on social networks
- are equipped to deal with persistent prejudice-based bullying
- can practise a range of strategies to manage various incidents which may occur.
Why buy an Optimus Education DIY Training resource?
Preventing Prejudice-Based Bullying: Boost staff confidence to tackle unacceptable behaviour and language is part of the Optimus Education D-I-Y (deliver it yourself) training portfolio. Our D-I-Y training packages provide:
- value for money – training sessions can be delivered multiple times to different groups of staff
- comprehensive training materials – detailed training plans, presentations, handouts and a variety of practical activities to engage participants are all provided in the package
- flexibility – training sessions can be customised with case studies, questions or exercises which are specific to your school’s needs
- excellent quality – the training materials have been written by experienced trainers with expertise in the topic area; you benefit from their knowledge and guidance
- measurable outcomes – each package includes ways to monitor effectiveness and learning outcomes.
- A4 Ringbinder, c. 80 pages
- CD-ROM containing PowerPoint presentations and accompanying resources
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks and digital products: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s) and digital products. To access, log in to your account and follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Dashboard in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Customise Dasboard'
- Drag the 'My eBooks' module down to your dashboard.
- Click 'Done'
You can now view and access all purchased ebooks from this block. If you can not see your order please email email@example.com.