Impact and Evidence: Using action research to improve classroom teaching
‘I think there is a huge prize waiting to be claimed by teachers. By collecting better evidence about what works best, and establishing a culture where this evidence is used as a matter of routine, we can improve outcomes for children, and increase professional independence.’
Dr Ben Goldacre
Allow your teachers to demonstrate with the support of hard evidence that what they are doing for pupils is having a positive impact on progress. By doing so you will not only feel sure that time and resources are being used efficiently, but they can prove that they are adding value for pupils and enhancing their own professional learning.
This training resource will provide your team with step-by-step guidance on planning, implementing and evaluating action research in their own classrooms.
With the support of exemplars and case studies, these training materials will enable teachers to:
- identify topics for research
- consider what methodology would best suit the project and plan resources
- know how to collect, collate and interpret data
- evaluate, draw conclusions and disseminate findings
- look for improvements, scale up activities.
Why buy an Optimus Education DIY Training resource?
Impact and Evidence: Using action research to improve classroom teaching is part of the Optimus Education D-I-Y (deliver it yourself) training portfolio. Our D-I-Y training packages provide:
- value for money – training sessions can be delivered multiple times to different groups of staff
- comprehensive training materials – detailed training plans, presentations, handouts and a variety of practical activities to engage participants are all provided in the package
- flexibility – training sessions can be customised with case studies, questions or exercises which are specific to your school’s needs
- excellent quality – the training materials have been written by experienced trainers with expertise in the topic area; you benefit from their knowledge and guidance
- measurable outcomes – each package includes ways to monitor effectiveness and learning outcomes.
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks and digital products: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s) and digital products. To access, log in to your account and follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Dashboard in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Customise Dasboard'
- Drag the 'My eBooks' module down to your dashboard.
- Click 'Done'
You can now view and access all purchased ebooks from this block. If you can not see your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org.