EAL for Classroom Teachers
English as an Additional Language (EAL) pupils form a growing part of our school’s population.
Catering for these pupils’ needs within the mainstream classroom is crucial to ensuring that their level of English proficiency develops, and that they effectively learn the necessary curriculum content.
This training will help participants to:
- understand EAL pupils: recognise the key characteristics of English language learners to best shape your provision
- understand EAL learner needs: know the fundamentals of effective teaching for EAL pupils in mainstream classes
- teach EAL pupils: practical tips to adapt your lessons to meet the needs of EAL pupils
- identify proficiency: successfully assess the English language proficiency of pupils
- assess EAL pupils effectively: understand how to carry out EAL assessments, and how to use this information to inform planning
- gauge understanding of content: clarify how to assess pupils’ understanding of curriculum content based on their level of English proficiency.
Summary of contents
How to use this course
This course (available as an eBook) comprises two units.
- Unit One should be used with classroom staff: teachers and support colleagues.
- Unit Two is more specialist and should be used with specialist colleagues.
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks and digital products: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s) and digital products. To access, log in to your account and follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Dashboard in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Customise Dasboard'
- Drag the 'My eBooks' module down to your dashboard.
- Click 'Done'
You can now view and access all purchased ebooks from this block. If you can not see your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org.