Developing Very Able Students at Post-16
This comprehensive handbook will enable you to:
- create and lead a stretch and challenge initiative
- evaluate your provision
- plan improvement
- develop colleagues
- tackle underachievement
- raise standards
- motivate and engage learners.
Summary of contents
Establish, develop or fine-tune your provision for your very able post-16 students.
This exciting handbook is a source of practical advice and expertise for all those responsible for improving teaching and learning at post-16, including lead professionals for gifted and talented; heads of Sixth Forms; and vice-principals. Whether you have just started to think about provision for your very able students or whether you have a well-established programme, this handbook can help.
How it works
The handbook has been structured around the institutional quality standards for gifted and talented education (IQS). The IQS is a self-evaluation toolthat is widely used in England to judge the quality of provision for very ablestudents. Each of the main chapters in the handbook corresponds to one ofthe 14 elements in the IQS. These chapters are then grouped into sections toreflect the five main themes. Together these cover all aspects of personalizingprovisionfor your very able students. The five themes are:
- Section A: Effective teaching and learning strategies
- Section B: Enabling curriculum entitlement and choice
- Section C: Assessment for learning
- Section D: School/college organisation
- Section E: Strong partnerships beyond the school.
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks and digital products: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s) and digital products. To access, log in to your account and follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Dashboard in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Customise Dasboard'
- Drag the 'My eBooks' module down to your dashboard.
- Click 'Done'
You can now view and access all purchased ebooks from this block. If you can not see your order please email email@example.com.