Challenging Behaviours: What to know and what to do
‘Identifying children’s support needs early is vital if they are to thrive, and enables parents and professionals to put the right approach in place quickly.’
Support and aspiration: A new approach to special educational needs and disability, March 2011
The importance of early and accurate identification of potential behavioural issues in students cannot be overlooked. By successfully identifying and managing such issues you will help your students to grow and achieve in the school environment. Challenging Behaviours: What to Know and What to Do is an essential resource of practical tools and case study material that will help you to identify and manage behavioural issues in your students.
Challenging Behaviours: What to Know and What to Do is a practical resource that is designed to:
- act as an extensive reference source of information about challenging behaviours
- assist with your in-house CPD
- offer basic awareness and planning needs for staff
- provide case studies and activities to use in staff meetings.
Summary of contents
Challenging Behaviours: What to Know and What to Do is the second of a three-book series that sets out to provide school staff with the material needed to support the three areas of Special Needs, Challenging Behaviours and Medical Conditions. This series of three professional development files offers an essential resource to support staff with information, understanding, case study material and appropriate interventions. Material can be consulted in the staff room, or used to support whole-staff meetings on selected topics. The purpose of this book is to ensure that all staff have a coherent and agreed approach to the support offered to young people with challenging behaviours in your school. Each book in the series includes a list of the most common difficulties and specific material relevant to these needs. Careful consideration has been given to grouping the topics and cross-referencing the categories.
This publication includes a CD-ROM with printable case study material, activities and information handouts and is an all-age resource.
Challenging Behaviours: What to Know and What to Do will:
- provide you with a consistent approach to supporting children with challenging behaviours
- provide every member of staff, parents and carers with a source of information and understanding
- act as a handy reference source
- help you to identify and support students in your school with challenging behaviours.
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Asperger’s Syndrome
- Conduct Disorder
- Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Tourette Syndrome
Chid and Class-based Issues and Behaviours
- Attention Seeking
- Emotional Distress and Temper Tantrums
- Low Self-Esteem
- Sexualised Behaviour
- Substance Abuse
- Swearing and Verbal Abuse
- Work Avoidance
- Young Carers
- Glossary of Supporting Colleagues
A4 ring binder, 240 pages, Accompanying CD-Rom
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks and digital products: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s) and digital products. To access, log in to your account and follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Dashboard in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Customise Dasboard'
- Drag the 'My eBooks' module down to your dashboard.
- Click 'Done'
You can now view and access all purchased ebooks from this block. If you can not see your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org.