- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Accelerate Progress with Metacognition
Research indicates that improving pupils’ metacognitive and self-regulation skills (‘learning to learn’) helps accelerate their progress – as well as leading to greater motivation and independence.
How do you embed the development of these skills in your teaching? How do you teach an understanding of how to learn and what to do when learning is not straightforward?
This course (available as an eBook) enables teaching staff to:
- understand what is meant by metacognitive and self-regulation skills and why they are so valuable for developing learners
- build in strategies for improving pupils’ ability to set goals, monitor performance and evaluate outcomes
- develop strategies for improving pupils’ motivation and ability to learn independently
- try out different approaches and find what works for their pupils.
Summary of contents
Unit 1: What is metacogition?
Unit 2: Benefits of metacognition
Unit 3: Developing metacognition
Unit 4: Beyond planning and refining
Unit 5: Embedding a metacognitive approach
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks and digital products: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s) and digital products. To access, log in to your account and follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Dashboard in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Customise Dasboard'
- Drag the 'My eBooks' module down to your dashboard.
- Click 'Done'
You can now view and access all purchased ebooks from this block. If you can not see your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more from...