- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
e-safety podcast: a whole school approach to e-safety
Alan Mackenzie discusses how to implement a whole school approach to e-safety to ensure that e-safety is everyone’s responsibility
During the podcast Alan identifies that in some schools e-safety is still seen as an ICT issue, rather than a safeguarding concern.
Any safeguarding concern needs to be taken seriously and the staff member responsible must have adequate training.
Your school's e-safety policy can create a standardised approach to how e-safety concerns are handled and all key roles in this area should work together to achieve this.
Alan lists the key roles as:
- the governing body
- the senior leadership team
- the ICT coordinator
- the pastoral team.
You can download Alan’s checklist to help plan a whole school approach to e-safety in your school.
Last Updated:21 Jul 2015