Can't make this event? We are also running it in Manchester on the 27th September.
Why is this conference relevant?
In line with the latest School Inspection Handbook, Ofsted will now consider whether your more able pupils are 'receiving the support they need to reach their full potential'.
But in practice, we know this can be a serious challenge.
- How can you ensure the progress of your more able is embedded across your whole school?
- Can you change the mindset of students who have the ability but don’t push themselves to succeed?
- What strategies can you provide to your colleagues to ensure your more able students are reaching their potential?
With so many barriers preventing the success of your more able, ensure you remain up to date with the latest expectations and have access to innovative and proven strategies to support your school’s more able students.
What can I expect?
- Understand Ofsted’s latest expectations for the progress of your more able students.
- Gain a toolkit of strategies to ensure staff are equipped with the tools to stretch and challenge in every lesson.
- Leave with the skills to assess depth rather than breadth so you know when a student has 'mastered' something.
Who should attend?
- Gifted and talented coordinators
- Deputy headteachers
- Assistant headteachers
- Teaching and learning coordinators
- Heads of department
- Progress leaders
What delegates have said
'Really good strategies that can be applied in the classroom straightaway. Also, great and impactful CPD ideas'. Assistant Head, Forest Hill School
'Informative and well delivered conference with a good variety of topics covered.' Gifted and Talented Coordinator, Notre Dame RC Secondary Girls' School
'A wide range of choice in topics, giving me lots of practical ideas to take away and implement.' Differentiation and Extension Coordinator, Ruislip High School
'A day full of moments that will kick start our more able action plan!' Headteacher, St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School
'Great - as someone new to the role, this has been very useful indeed!' Gifted and Talented Coordinator, The Blue School C of E Primary
Join the conversation with @OptimusEd using #oeMoreAble