- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
This event has now SOLD OUT
To join the waiting list for this event please email James.firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this conference relevant?
In recent years, research and debate across education sectors have highlighted the flaws in those models of observation that seek to rate teacher performance.
As a result, new approaches have been adopted by education organisations, but do you know the advantages and disadvantages of different models and which might work best for you?
Take this opportunity to update yourself on current messages from research and gain strategies to lead an effective transition to ungraded, developmental observation.
Learning outcomes - what can I expect?
On the day take the opportunity to network and share practice with a range of colleagues from different settings and participate in practical, expert-led workshops providing you with:
- Clarity on the latest research and policy developments and what it means for your setting
- New observation models and the potential benefits for your organisation
- Live self-assessment tasks to identify your own observational strengths and weaknesses
- The chance to benchmark your current practice with peers and gain cross-sector best practice
Who should attend
- Quality managers and directors
- Principals and vice principals
- Headteachers and assistant heads
- Coaches, mentors and advanced practitioners
- Lesson observers in quality cycles
- Teachers trainers
What our delegates have said
'Another great session. Thank you Joanne. Meeting such a wide variety of practitioners was excellent.' Teaching and learning coach, Canterbury College
'Very good! It was useful to engage with other colleagues and share ideas. Well-paced and thought provoking.' Assistant head, Icknield High School
'Really enjoyable with lots of great information and strategies to take back to school.' Assistant principal, Gateway Academy
'One of the best CPD events I’ve attended in a long while, thank you. A very purposeful day.' Headteacher, Montgomery Junior School
Join the conversation with @OptimusEd using #oeObsv