Module 5: Finance and the 3 Es of economy, efficiency and effectiveness
Date: Wednesday 29 April 2020
Module leader: Tim McCarthy
Guest speaker: Ben March
As finances become more constrained, a major challenge for MAT Leaders is to ensure they manage budgets in the strategic context of balancing economy, efficiency and effectiveness. This module explores this strategic balancing challenge and identifies how the challenge can be addressed.
- Financial management and the 3Es.
- Balancing the 3Es.
- Measuring the 3Es.
- Moving up the hierarchy of efficiency gains.
- Delivering the benefits of being a MAT.
- The relationship between the CEO, the Chair of the Board, the Board and the MAT Leadership Team.
Module 6: Strategies for sustainable growth
Date: Thursday 21 May 2020
Module leader: Andy Samways
Guest speaker: Jon Coles
Growth is not an end in itself but a means to an end. If growth is to enable the MAT to achieve its objectives, it must be sustainable. This module seeks to explore growth for MATs and what needs to be in place to ensure that it is sustainable.
- What business are MATs in?
- The benefits and disadvantages of growth.
- Managing growth and its leadership challenges.
- An agenda for sustainable growth.
- Growth options and choosing what’s best for your MAT.
Registration for the 2019/20 cohort is open now. Register your interest below or get in touch on 020 8514 9580 for further information or group booking discounts.