Ensure high-quality inclusive SEN teaching in every classroom in line with the latest reforms
Event summary - why is this conference relevant?
From this September, you will need to implement the new (0-25) SEN Code of Practice. This new statutory guidance contains new responsibilities for you and your school. Are you confident you know how the changes affect you? Are you prepared to implement these significant reforms?
Optimus Education’s 12th annual SENCO Update conference – Implementing the new (0-25) Code of Practice in Schools – is the definitive event of the year to ensure your school is prepared to implement reform and is delivering high-quality SEN teaching in every classroom.
We are delighted to welcome Stephen Kingdom, Deputy Director, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Division, Department for Education, to deliver a comprehensive update on the new (0-25) SEN Code of Practice. Don’t miss this opportunity to clarify how your responsibilities are changing and how you should prepare for implementation in September 2014.
Other focused sessions on the day will address key areas of the upcoming reforms including:
- Education, Health & Care Plans: Learn how to work with other agencies effectively and understand your new responsibilities when implementing EHC Plans
- Additional SEN Support: Clarify the new boundaries for moving to a single school based category
- Local Offer: Work with parents and your LA to develop your position within your Local Offer
- Personal Budgets: Understand your role and new responsibilities when working with families to implement personal budgets
- Person-centred: Learn how to utilise person-centred planning to ensure planning and decision making puts children and families at the centre
Delegate reviews - why choose Optimus Education?
“A good place to keep up to date with current legislation and to begin next year’s plan”
SENDCO, Barnwood Park
“Very good and informative. I feel much more confident about the challenges ahead”
Assistant Head – Inclusion, Pinkwell Primary School
“Informative – as usual! I always leave with plenty to do!”
Headteacher & SENCO, Will Adams PRU
“My head is spinning with the amount of good information I received today. Can actually see a way forward now!”
SENCO, George Pindar School