Why is this conference relevant?
With the uncertainties around funding being a constant issue within multi-academy trusts, the ability to find efficiencies, across the board, can have a profound effect on the MAT as a whole.
This conference looks at the most beneficial strategies that can be put into place surrounding procurement, within all stages and areas of a MAT. Providing in-depth information on the most efficient and collaborative strategies to get the most out of the funding available to allow MATs will achieve economies of scale through centralising relevant processes to achieve economies of scale.
With sessions looking at a range of ways to achieve efficiencies, as well as a focus on avoiding the pitfalls surrounding procurement and finances in general, this conference is not to be missed.
What can I expect?
Full programme to be announced. You can expect in-depth keynotes with leading experts and a varied choice of workshops including:
- finding a balance between the benefits of centralisation and the individuality of schools
- the importance of being able to create savings within procurement, especially within ‘Big Ticket’ contracts across the MAT
- a focus on the potential for fraud and the structures and procedures that are in place to prevent this
- the importance of engaging with the local community, regardless of the size of footprint of the MAT
- adopting a culture that every school within the MAT can buy into and work together to enhance best practice and drive progress
- enhance and develop all procurement strategies to achieve economies of scale for MATs within differing stages of development
- explore the School Resource Management Advisors scheme and extract the key insights for use within your MAT
- long term, sustainable strategies to best approach the management of estates and facilities, MAT wide
- the drivers affecting growth within a MAT and the challenges therein.
Who should attend?
- Finance Leads
- Business Managers
- Managing Directors
What our delegates have said
‘Good event, helped me to think outside the box’ - Operations Director, KST
'One of the best events I have attended and a fantastic networking opportunity’ - Procurement Officer, The Two Counties Trust
‘Well organised with relevant content that delivered what it claimed it would’ - Director of Estates and Facilities, Dartmoor MAT
Resources that will be avaliable to download once registering for conference:
1. Centralisation: what, how and why?
Centralising services in multi-academy trusts is carried out to bring efficiencies. But what can be centralised, how can it work and what are the benefits?
2. MAT estate management: what to know
Boards need to be confident that school premises are suitable and will keep staff and pupils safe and secure. Androulla Nicou describes the processes to manage school estates effectively.
3. Pros and cons of GAG pooling
General annual grant (GAG) pooling is used by MATs to distribute money to their schools rather than top slicing. What are the benefits and challenges?