- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Ensure you are up to date, staying compliant and able to evidence training for your GDPR compliance role
This interactive training course takes place online across the following 4 Tuesday afternoons. Delegates will receive a full set of course materials including downloadable slides and will be able to opt-in to the training course email group to build their professional network of other DPOs.
Hear from GDPR-expert and course leader, Dai Durbridge (Partner, Browne Jacobson LLP), about the Update course in this 1-minute video:
Module 1: 10 May (13:00 - 15:00 BST)
Your most pressing concerns
The impact of the GDPR after the first 4 years
Subject access requests masterclass
Module 2: 17 May (13:00 - 15:00 BST)
Introduction and summary from module 1
- Ensuring consents are legally compliant
- From whom to gain consent - parent vs child and separated parents
- Managing consent withdrawal
- Understanding biometric data consents
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIA)
- Retention and destruction
- When data sharing agreements are useful
Module 3: 24 May (13:00 - 15:00 BST)
Introduction and summary from module 2
- What to consider
- Top tips
- Getting the most out of learning walks and audits
Virtuous circle - reporting to management:
and repeat, to deliver best practice and evidence outcomes.
What would you do?
Explore real-life case studies and know the correct procedures to follow for:
- Data loss
- Staff behaviours
Module 4: 7 June (13:00 - 14:00 BST)
Follow up questions, discussion and next steps